The Arts Workforce Initiative (AWI) Sponsorship seeks to support community events organized by young urban creatives in Connecticut with up to $1,000.
Creatives organizing community events and cultural experiences happening in New Haven, Hartford, New London, Waterbury, Bridgeport, and Stamford that are aligned with the CT Office of the Arts' R.E.A.D.I. framework are eligible to apply.
Interested creatives must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible to receive a sponsorship:
- Applicant must have a leadership role in organizing the project
- Applicant's project must occur during the next 90 days
- Applicant's project must take place within the designated cites: Bridgeport, Hartford, New London, New Haven, Stamford, Waterbury
- Applicant's project must align with the R.E.A.D.I. Framework (what's this?)
The Arts Council will review and approve applications based on fit with the eligibility requirements. The application consists of:
- Basic contact information
- Project Info - Planning process and objectives
- Tell us about you - Inspirations, passions, and prior project management experience
- R.E.A.D.I. Framework alignment - how does your project align with the objectives laid out in the R.EA.D.I. Framework?